Thursday, October 23, 2008

Ty's shoulder update

I took Ty to the orthopedic surgeon today for a follow up. He said things are not healing perfectly straight but that it wouldn't be a problem. Then he said the magic words, in Tyler's eyes....no more sling! Ty was pretty happy to hear that. He's sick of wearing it every day.

The only "bad" news was that Ty still has to refrain from any sports for the next 4 weeks. He was pretty bummed about that. I guess they just started flag football in P.E. this week & he was really hoping for the green light to play.

I don't think I'll be taking him to any more follow up appointments. I don't need a dr to tell me what I already know, with his hand out waiting for me to pay him to tell me the obvious. A lot of dr's visits (especially for younger children) are so unnecessary. They're really just an excuse the vaccine makers have to put together to get the kids in the office so parents can "immunize" their children. Ever notice how the "well-child checks" coincide with vaccine recommendations? Yeah, me too. ;)

Ah....that's another story all together. I digress....

No comments:

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP