Friday, October 17, 2008

The sweet & the funny & the field trip

Logan & Hayleah, though they're 14 months apart, both speak at about the same level. They both pick up a lot from Jordan, some of which is very funny coming out of a little person's mouth.

The other day, after spending the morning with a friend while I went on Jordan's first class field trip, Logan was amused with something I said or did. Between laughter he tells me "you make me yo, yo happy, mom" (he doesn't pronounce the 'S' sound very well). The little man knows how to melt my heart. Lately he's taken to flirting with me during scriptures. He'll catch my eye & start winking at me & blowing kisses. Funny kid! He's always had such a big personality.

Today was Dave's first day off in what felt like forever & we went out to lunch. On the way back we see a little carnival going up & Hayleah spots the rides. She doesn't know what it is but she manages, in her excitement, to get out the word "awesome". Coming from a little girl whose not even 2 yet, this is a big word to use & what's even funnier is she knows how to use it properly. I've been saying for a while she's a smart kid. *Ü*

I mentioned a field trip a bit ago & wanted to write down a little about that. Jordan's class had their first field trip on Wednesday & I was one of the lucky parents who got to go with them. We went to the farm festival way out in east Las Vegas. The kids all had a really good time. They got to pet all kinds of animals, get in a tractor & have their picture taken, learn some things about farms & farmers, etc. Their only complaint was the fact that whomever brings the pigs left them at home this year. They were really looking forward to petting the pigs.

Overall it was a good trip. The bus ride was bumpy & the driver seemed to think taking the round-about way was better, but we had fun & no one got lost. On the other hand, Logan screamed & cried the entire time he was at Jade's house. :( Poor kid. Poor Jade.

1 comment:

Perry Family said...

How smart is Hayleh?? Love how she says awesome! And glad to have the hubby off work...I feel ya there! Sounds like the kids had a great time on the field trip.

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP