Saturday, October 11, 2008

Ever get tired of clutter?

I do. I wish there was a way to make it disappear without having to follow everyone around in this house. My bedroom is the worst part of the house for this right now. It seems to be a magnet for everything that doesn't belong, unless I really work hard at staying on top of it. I'd love to have a showroom home one day. Today is not that day, however.

It seems like just when I feel I'm caught up on decluttering/organizing/cleaning, I turn around & it all needs to be done again. What's that about!? Where's that easy button or fairy godmother when I need them?? Maybe a housekeeper would do.

I swear having a two-story house is more like having 2 houses when it comes to cleaning. I'm really hoping our next house will be a single-story home for this exact reason.

WARNING: Rant ahead.....may be offensive to some.......

I think certain family members think I'm lazy for not keeping my house as spic & span as they believe it should be. While it's definitely not as clean as their house (with zero kids in it) is, what's wrong with paying more attention to the kids & a little less attention to the things that will still be there later? Maybe those people should check their own motes instead of being so focused on mine. It's hard to hear they've been whispering behind your back about it & not feel upset about it. I think I have every right to feel upset when someone says kind things to your face but makes negative comments about you behind your back, though I know I shouldn't let them hold that power over me.

Maybe things will be better in time. Until then, I guess the silence will remain. It's just hard allowing them in to your home, allowing them to see your vulnerabilities, knowing this gives them ammo to use against you, & not knowing when that time will come when they inevitably will use it against you.

It's been weeks & it still bothers me. I've never been one to hold grudges, but this one is still stuck in my craw. I guess I just expect more from the ones I love. Is that so wrong?

I think I'm just going to decide to not allow them to hold any more power over me & move on from this. They can be whomever their conscience dictates they will be & I'll do my best to rise above that. I'm letting it go now.

RANT OVER

1 comment:

Perry Family said...

oh man! glad you got that off your chest. Hope it gets better, and good for you for letting go!!

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP