Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The summer of BUGS!

I don't know about others here in Vegas, but MAN has there been a lot of bugs! We finally got the bug guy out today for the first time in a few months & it's been needed for a while now. You just can't go 2 months between services in the summer time. At least not this summer. It's been alright in past years but I'm ready to start finding some dead or dying bugs around here, instead of getting freaked out about the live ones!

I always hate letting them come in & spray, just because I don't want the stuff where I eat & sleep, but this time they did the downstairs & upstairs. I'm just tired of seeing bugs all the time.

If I find a bug outside, I'm always cautious not to kill them but when they step foot into my territory they're no longer granted immunity!

Speaking of immunity....I miss Big Brother. I can't wait for the next one!! This year we got 2 seasons. I don't think we'll be as lucky next year. I can hope for another writer's strike. ;)

I got a chance to talk to my brother Travis today. He had gastric bypass surgery last week & had a few stories to tell me that were really gross, yet fascinating & hysterical all at the same time. I told him he needs to write a book about this experience. He's such a good writer & has an incredible sense of humor. And after hearing what I heard today, apparently he has no shame either & is willing to share even the most embarrassing, intimate details of this ordeal. LOL

3 comments:

Perry Family said...

I totally agree, there have been so many insects this year...so glad we're heading into the winter! And how neat for your bro to go through that life changing surgery, I would definitely read his book...keep encouraging him to write it! :)

Marilene said...

i hate bugs inside!

Not as pessimistic as I sound. said...

I prefer the Bowl method. Whenever I see a bug I simpy place a bowl over it and wait for Jerm to come take care of it. We used to end up with many upside down bowls, but now the bug man comes twice a month. I haven't used a bowl since I threw them all away!

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP