Sunday, July 27, 2008

We're BAAACK!!

From vacation, that is. What a great one it was, too. I think it's the best one so far! We managed to get sitters for our animals (Jumbo & Ginger) at the last minute, as we didn't find out until a few days before we left Dave could actually get the time off.

We got in around midnight on Wednesday at the Hyatt Valencia. The digs were very nice & the surrounding area was really great. We've never stayed anywhere that nice (thank you Hotwire, for the great rate!), though the room was much smaller than the resort properties Dave sells.

We went to Six Flags Magic Mountain for the first 2 days of our trip & MAN was that exhausting!! I swear the whole park is up hill! With a wonky stroller that took a spill off the top of our van when we traveled back from Kansas a few months ago & wanted to constantly veer to the right, things were twice as difficult. Luckily, Dave & Tyler took those reigns for most of the time there.

The kids had a great time, even though it was a rocky start. We decided it would be fun to go on the bestest family water ride that would allow little kids....first. So, after the screaming fun of the Log Jammer, Logan & Hayleah were afraid of even the Tonka-like trucks that run on a very slow, smooth track in the kiddy area. Bad parents, I know. :P

Tyler got a cell phone last week so we were able to keep in touch that way & he was able to go do some of the bigger rides without being stuck in the kiddy area for lengthy amounts of time. Other than him swearing he was at the entrance where I was standing, as it was time to leave, & not actually being there, every thing went pretty smoothly.

Logan & Hayleah eventually warmed up to the rides & had a good time. I think one of the most enjoyable places there was what I'll call the ball house. If you've ever been there, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. That was hours of fun for me! LOL

Jordan had the best time. He was able to ride a few of the bigger rides, which made him feel very much like a big boy. His favorites were the water rides, of which this park had quite a few. I was very impressed at how much he seemed to love riding even the scary rides.

Dave rode few rides with me, but not without repercussions. I guess his body just can't handle all the loopty-loops anymore or something. It's sad because it's been something he's loved to do in the past, but now every time he rides one of the more thrilling coasters, he gets very dizzy & feels pretty badly for quite a while afterwards.

I rode quite a few rides, though I think my favorite was the River Rapids, where I was that person who got totally soaked two of the three times we rode it. Fun stuff!

We went to the beach yesterday & spent many hours there, enjoying the gorgeous weather, the sun, & the waves. Jordan loves collecting sea shells, so we did a fair amount of that too. Hayleah & Logan weren't to keen on going in to the ocean, though, so they spent most of their time filling buckets with sand & chasing the seagulls. Both Tyler & I got to spend some time on his boogie board, which was a lot of fun but very tiring. The waves were big & the water was cold & salty (I got several mouthfuls, myself), but we had the greatest time!

I took tons of pics, so I'm sure there will be lots of posts with digiscrap pages in the coming days. I look forward to that, too! :)

4 comments:

heather {WhipperBerry} said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
heather {WhipperBerry} said...

Sounds like a great trip. Can't wait to see the pics!

Perry Family said...

HOW FUN!!!!! I love family vacations...those have to be my best memories from childhood...married life, you name it...so fun! Looking forward to your pictures.

Onala said...

Hi Shan,

Sounds like you had tons of fun! You'll have to fill me in on the details. Which beach did you go to?

Onala

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP