Saturday, July 19, 2008

10 days & counting!

We're headed to Six Flags Magic Mountain the week after next. I'm really excited to go! I love roller coasters & this particular park seems to have a good selection of rides for the whole family & several for smaller kids like Logan & Hayleah. I know they probably won't remember it, but I'm sure they'll enjoy themselves while we're there.

We had the Missionaries over for dinner last night. I really enjoy this set of missionaries. One is from the area Dave served in on his mission & even dated a daughter of a family he knows. The other is from an area of Washington I lived in as a child. They taught us a lesson afterwards & really did an amazing job. :)

I love having the missionaries over. It's kind of weird, though, to be one of those families that feeds the missionaries all the time. It always seemed like those families were so much older....the mom & dad, really. It makes me wonder if they view us as old. I'm not even half way to 70 yet (as Dave puts it)! LOL

I'm thinking we need to start looking for a new home for our dog, Ginger. She's the cutest thing & so good with the kids...we just don't have enough time to spend with her. She seems to need more than we can give. She's only 1, so still very much an adolescent, & needs a lot of interaction. I feel so bad but have known for a while it's probably in her best interests if we can find her a home with another pet or people with more time to give her. She's a blonde & buff cocker spaniel with the gentlest disposition, though she loves to run & play. I love cockers...they make such great family dogs! It's just a bad time for us to have a dog, with so much going on & so little time to spend with her. *sigh*

2 comments:

Marilene said...

I love magic mountian! have so much fun! I love the new pictures and additions to the blog!

Danielle said...

Have a great time at Six Flags, I know it will be great and the kids will love it!

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP