Sunday, July 20, 2008

A tribute to Jake (pic included)....

Who says you have to be dead for someone to pay you a tribute??

Jake is my brother. He's 3 years younger than me, the third of six kids. Saying that out loud kind of explains some things. He's a middle child. When we were growing up, I didn't like him much because he was always tattling on me & our older brother Travis. Come to think of it, we were constantly picking on him so I guess he might have had cause.

Anyway, we called him Jake the Jerk all the time. Lovingly, of course, lest our mother start singing us "Let Us Oft Speak Kind Words To Each Other" & torturing us. :)

As kids, we loved to watch the Muppets. It was a family thing we all enjoyed. We would pretend we were the Muppet characters on a fairly regular basis. I was Miss Piggy (always looking for a moment to karate chop someone who was or was not asking for it....I'm an only girl; what can I say?? you have to let them know who's boss! LOL), Travis was Gonzo, & Jake was the Swedish Chef. Funny, his Facebook picture looks a lot like Jake. :)

Today he is the sibling I talk with the most. We're probably the closest, since he seems to be the most abnormal of the bunch. Again, all this is said in love. I can appreciate abnormal.

The picture I've chosen to scrapbook of him was taken at my brother Grant's farewell. It screams "Jake" & says a lot about his odd sense of humor. We're always ribbing one another & after he posted pictures of me, just waking up, on his Facebook account with a title that read something to the affect of embarrassing me was a sport of patience, I've been meaning to get my revenge.

Well, ladies & gentlemen, this is it. Without further ado, my brother.....



2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Everything looks good!! I love it!! Maybe one of these days you can give me some lessons on digital scrapbooking!!:)

Danielle said...

Cool, isn't great how we grow up and realize we love our sibilings? I also grew up with just boys. That is probably why I am such a girl now. I did all the tom boy stuff when I was younger. I just can't imagine 5 brothers. Love the Muppets. We have all the movies, I want my kids to see what I grew up with.

I can't say enough about your blog. You really have done an amazing job. I too love pink and brown, they look great together.

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP