Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Happy Birthday, My Love

Today is Dave's birthday. He's 35, or half-way to 70, which ever you prefer. ;)

I heard something rudely-funny last night that gave me cause to think. We caught a small portion of Punk'd & a woman who had just been proposed to (rather awfully) said to her significant other that she should slap his mother for having him 27 years ago. While my inital reaction was to burst out in loud laughter (because how horrible is that, after all) but it made me think of my significant other.

Instead I propose a hug would be in order for Dave's mom, Vickie, for having him 35 years ago today. She was still a baby herself but managed to bring the man I love today in to this world. So, Vickie, (((Hugs))). :)

Dave is such a great teacher & leader. He knows how to talk to people & he has a way to connect with people & help them understand things. He leads righteously & those he's around are privledged to see his integrity first hand. What a great example he is!

He loves his children so much. He's always there for them & when he can't physically be there, you can be sure it's because he's busy trying to provide for their present as well as their future. They, in turn, are incredibly in love with him. Every morning it's the same thing....the kids gather at the door & eventually spill out on to the driveway to see him off to work. They all need their hugs & kisses & to wave goodbye. When he comes home, they run to greet him & yell "Daddy home" excitedly.

Dave & I met just after his mission. He joined the Church when he was 25 & went on a mission as soon as he could afterwards. My younger brother, the aforementioned strange-o Jake, served in the area Dave was living in just before he left for his mission. Jake & Dave went on splits a few times & Jake told him he had a sister for Dave to write while he was on his mission.

He wrote me first & made me laugh with his direct honesty. I wanted to know more about this guy. We wrote faithfully the remainder of his mission, though it didn't take as long for me to know I loved him & would marry him.

We were sealed in the Oakland, CA temple on May 26, 2001 for time & all eternity, five months to the day after we officially met. I married my best friend.



2 comments:

heather {WhipperBerry} said...

What a lovely post about your sweetheart! It's fun to take a few minutes think about how it all began.

Danielle said...

It truly sounds like you have a winner. I am so glad that there are such wonderful men, made for women like us. Love your words, what a great guy he must be. Happy Birthday to him!!

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP