Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Summer reading

I love to read but I must admit my range has never really extended to any classics. I figure it's still the teenager in me, objecting to any book an English teacher would have attempted to force me to read while in high school. It's nice to see I can budge in some of my stubborn ways though. Much of my "reading" these days comes from audio books. I don't have enough quiet time in my life right now for much more than reading my scriptures, so it's nice to have another outlet where I can listen while I work on other things.

I finished Pride & Prejudice last night, having read it for the first time.

Yay, me! :)

To my surprise, I actually enjoyed it. I fully intend to read it again. I read Jane Eyre a while back, too. Next I'm tackling Romeo & Juliet. I read the latter one already but didn't really enjoy it much. It was one of those assigned titles I detested so much. I'm convinced it wasn't the book so much as it was someone telling me what to do & that it deserves another chance.

To my lengthy list of blog readers (hi Mom! :) ): What books are on your must-read list?

1 comment:

Yaya said...

As for me it's the book of the Joaeph Smith letter's to his sweet wife Emma Smith, talk about a love story.

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP