Monday, July 13, 2009

Today is a bad thing to be a "thinker"

Why must my children question everything? And in every way imaginable? Plus a few I wouldn't have thought of myself? And why must I explain both sides of things, instead of being able to give an easy answer?

Day 1: Wearing pig gurrl panties ALL DAY (except for the nap)

Hayleah: "Mommy, I need to go pee-pee reeeeally bad"

Mom: (thinking "you just went 2 minutes ago") "Okaaaay *sigh*, but do you think you could ask Daddy next time?? (he's sitting there watching sports, much closer to the bathroom than me....I'm doing important things here {I don't get much computer time})

Once situated on the potty she proceeds to do her bidness, just like she said she needed to, gets her panties back on & declares she needs to go pee-pee reeeeally bad (again).

Grrr.

Me: After sitting her back on the potty, "Please call for Mommy when you're finished. And don't call me back until you're finished."

Wait, didn't I just say that? I swear, my kids not only have to ask it every which way, but they also have to hear it every which way.

2 comments:

Yaya said...

How funny are you? I love to hear these story's. Potty training is God's way of getting back at all those mother's out there, that thought the forth child " would have to be easier" not that you thought that, but just in case. that's why Mimi's and YaYa's don't do it for you, I'm sure of that. How about it MiMi? do you agree? LOL. I promise it really does get easier. Love you

KB said...

We had to make an "emergency" stop on our long drive home only to hear, "but I have to go sooooo bad!" again. Yeah right, once we said no way- she went to sleep in a matter of minutes. We have now learned it is a stratagy to get out of what she is doing or keep herself awake. Tricky, those little ones!

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP