Thursday, July 16, 2009

Harry Potter 6

Dave took me to see HP6 yesterday. It was so nice to have a date with him. It's not often we get away, sans kids, for any length of time.

We're big fans, in this household. We've been reading the books (some of us over & over) for years now & though book 5 has been my favorite so far, I think movie 6 holds the new favorite spot. :)

I had plans to go do some stamping at a friends house last night but the movie got out late (how does a 2.5 hr movie last from 4:30 'til 7:45!?) & when we got back home Hayleah was begging for some attention & love, so I wound up canceling. :( It would've been fun, but it was nice to get so much attention from my little sweetie. :)

On a side note: we're on day 4 of potty training. She's doing amazingly well! Allowing the child to decide when they're ready really does work so much better than deciding you're ready & pushing it. At least that's been my experience with the last two kids. The first two were another story entirely!

After the prayers were said, scriptures read, & kids were all down for the night, I decided to take Ty to a movie since he babysat for Dave & I while we went. Naturally we saw HP. :) I've never been to the theatres twice in one day.

It was fun to take him & watch his enjoyment. Once, when he got up to use the loo (he he!) before the movie started, I felt an overwhelming sense of pride, looking at him. My pride was shallow, in that I was appraising how nice looking he's turned out to be, but I still felt very proud of him. He will be 15 next month. FIFTEEN! He needs to shave. I'm SO not old enough for all this!

Even though we didn't make it home 'til after midnight, we both had a lot of fun together.

To the girl sitting behind & to the left of me: I liked your choice of nail polish & your flip flops were cute, but you seem to have missed out on an etiquette lesson that taught you to not hang your feet over the edge of the seat in front of you, just inches from my nose. I am a bit jealous of your apparent long legs (mine barely reach the back of the seat in front of me, let alone allow me to dangle my feet over the edge without my head holding the seat down), but I really don't want to see your feet up that close to my face, thankyouverymuch.

1 comment:

Marilene said...

glad to hear you liked the movie. i have not seen it yet, but my hubby did not like it!

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP