Saturday, August 30, 2008

Back to School

This week was the first week of school for both Tyler & Jordan. For the past month I've been trying, without success (so far, at least), to get Jordan changed over to track 1 instead of 2. I met Jo's teacher, Mrs. Johnson, & she seems nice enough. I'm just not in love with track 2. They're in school barely long enough to get them used to being in school the full day & then they're on break. They go to school next week & the week after & then they're off for 3 weeks! How ridiculous is that!? Grrr...

We made it through our week of parties, though. :) Ty had a neighbor friend stay the night last night. They were very respectful & quiet, which was nice since we already had a few extra bodies sleeping in the house. Hayleah slept in our room since Vickie & Keith were sleeping in her bed (she sleeps on our old queen bed in the play room....she won't sleep in a crib) & she managed to wake up 6 times last night! That's not counting the times she woke me up with a little foot to the my face. Needless to say, I'm exhausted today.

We got all the present opening on video & Logan was really funny. He got excited about a pair of Batman socks Vickie gave to him & started hopping around & whooping it up & running around the house in excitement. You can imagine the response when he saw the remote control car she got him! LOL

Thursday night, amidst all the chaos, Dave & I made it to the Temple. What a nice experience. :) We dropped the kids off with Vickie & Keith so they could watch them while we went, which was nice of them. I love the staff at the Las Vegas Temple. They really make you feel safe & loved. It's probably that way at all LDS Temple's, but this one is especially dear to me.

While at the Family History Center last week, a lady told me about a program called PAF Insight that is just amazing. It's one you have to pay for, but it automatically links up to Family Search & will search the IGI for you with just a click of the button, instead of you having to type it in. HUGE time saver!!

Happy Family History hunting! :D

1 comment:

Perry Family said...

Yeah, not there with kids in school yet, but I can imagine the frustration. I'm stuck in a rut with family history, I keep running into dead ends, but I'm sure with the technology these days its far less a mystery! It's great to hear you made it through all your celebrating!! :)

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP