Friday, August 1, 2008

Julia...we will miss you

I just found out an old friend of ours passed away. She had non-smokers lung cancer &, after an 18 month battle with it, lost the battle. She & her dear husband, Brent, were some of our first friends after Dave & I married. They were our neighbors up in Reno & I served in the Primary Presidency as Julia's second counselor for a year before we moved to Las Vegas.
She was a high school teacher (bless her heart!) who was very intelligent & witty & easy to be around. When I first met her, though, she had so much depth as a person....I was a bit intimidated by how well rounded she was. I came around quickly to enjoy her company, though, & I was inspired to be a better person because of her example.

Julia had a great fondness for shoes. She wore the same size as I do & I must admit it was tempting to raid her closet the first time I had a look at her "collection". As a final request, she wanted everyone in attendance of her funeral services to wear their favorite shoes. She was a unique, beautiful person whom I will miss very much.

4 comments:

heather {WhipperBerry} said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friends passing. Thing like that are rough!

Perry Family said...

Shannon, That is so hard! Her husband must be going through sucha difficult time right now, I can't imagine. I think that is amazing she requested everyone to wear their favorite shoes...she must have been an amazing woman.

Perry Family said...

Hey, how did you get three columns on your blog? I'm wanting to do some rearranging but don't know how!

Angie said...

I'm sad to read this. It looks like the world has one less great one.

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP