Friday, August 1, 2008

Not so cool events & a few SB pages

So I neglected to mention some not-so-cool happenings from our trip. First of all, it's amazing how many people leave stuff behind at amusement parks. It's also amazing how many people are there to prey on those who either might accidentally leave something behind, or just happen to turn their backs on their things for a moment.

I was approached by a man at Magic Mountain, asking me what size diaper my daughter wore. Since he didn't have a child with him, offensive, negative thoughts immediately filled my mind, along with a few choice words about this strange guy. Thankfully, I managed to refrain from sharing my thoughts long enough to ask him why he wanted to know. It turns out he had family visiting from Germany who had a daughter that was a little older than Hayleah. They had turned their backs on the diaper bag for a minute when someone stole it. It had a camera in it but, as this man expressed to me, the diapers in it were far more valuable than the camera at that moment.

I try not to make snap judgements. At least not negative ones. I failed this day, for certain. I gave him a diaper & he thanked me. It seemed I saw him everywhere I went that day....a reminder of my harsh judgment & how quickly I was humbled.

I found someones wallet while we were there, too. I can't count the number of times I've left my wallet somewhere. It only happens when there's a change in my routine, such as a change in handbags. This is partly why anyone seeing me with a handbag will usually see that same one for a good six months! Well, it's mostly because I'm too lazy to switch them around all the time & well, frankly, I'm just not that fashionable. LOL

It seems like every time I've ever left a wallet or purse behind, I've always received it back with everything in it. This is a huge blessing & it was nice to be able to return the favor given to me so many times over.

Lastly, we had an interesting experience outside our hotel on the last night we were there. It was fairly late, around 10 p.m., & we were walking back from having dinner. While waiting at the crosswalk for our light to turn green, a man comes running up behind us, closely followed by three police officers. Just before they caught up with him, not 15 feet away from where we were frozen in our tracks, we watched him fall on the street, sliding to a stop on his face (ewww!).

He was clearly drunk & belligerent & the police officers were high on adrenaline. A beating commenced, along with a bloody face full of pepper spray, & a lot of verbal abuse from the cops. There were several new words my kids picked up that night, none of which I would ever want them to repeat, let alone hear it from a (supposed) "peace officer". I love cops....just not these three at this moment.

A few days later I hear Jordan playing "cops" in the other room with Logan & Tyler. Having forgotten the incident with the crazy guy on the street, I hear him use a phrase with a choice word in it....I was shocked! His reason for saying that was he just wanted to be like the police officers. (insert mama bear growl here) *sigh* Hopefully future contact with the police will be a more positive experience for Jordan. I know I'm sure tired of him arresting everyone in the house! ;)

Here are a few more layouts I've done.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cute pictures! Lydia saw police officers one day and expressed to me that they were scarey. I told her as long as she didn't do anything bad, they were people that could help her. A good time to get a quick lesson in about not stealing, drinking, or doing drugs. I wish people understood that such language is not necessary!

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP