Friday, September 5, 2008

Looks like we might be moving!

Dave's old boss was given the VP job in Durango, Colorado recently & we've been kicking around the idea of joining him out there for about a month now. I'm fairly sure we'll be looking for a new home soon! I've already started trying to hunt down free boxes where possible. If anyone has any they're willing to part with, I'd be glad to take them off your hands. :)

Durango is a small town, with only around 15,000 residents. The nearest temple is in Monticello, Utah, about 2 hours drive away. It's located up in the mountains....way up in the mountains. It's about 4 hours to Albuquerque & 6 or so hours to Denver. Even better, it's only about 12 hours from my parents in Kansas! :)

From the pictures we've seen, it looks a lot like Lake Tahoe without the lake. ;) There is a river, though, & tons of things to do.

I'm starting to allow myself to get a little excited about this. If we do actually make the move, I really think it'll be good for our little family. The job opportunity is really good for Dave to boot!

6 comments:

Danielle said...

Yeah for you. I really hope that it works out!! =)

heather {WhipperBerry} said...

Oh, I love Durango! That would be a great move for your family. A wonderful small town that would really appeal to your granola roots! I almost went to college there. Great Skiing!!

Anonymous said...

I am sad that you are leaving, but you can't beat a small town! At least we will still have blogging to keep in touch

Marilene said...

good to hear you're excited! let us know how things work out! we will definitely miss your family if you do move.

Perry Family said...

Looks like you will be busy packing! I know how that goes, lots of work, but it gives you a chance to purge some stuff (my favorite part of moving:)
Durango will be a picturesque place to live, you'll love it out there...no crazy bill boards live vegas :)

Anonymous said...

I live in Monticello and the temple here is great. Durango is fun--lots to do. I think you'll like the area. The skiing is fun there.

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP