Tuesday, September 9, 2008

So it looks like it's a go!

We're packing! Dave hasn't officially been given the go ahead, but we're moving forward with this move as though it could happen soon. I'd rather go before winter hits, for sure.

I have several things to sell before we move, our play set being one of them. I posted it on Craigslist the other day & almost immediately got a call on it. They came out & looked at it but I haven't heard back from them yet. We're going to sell the air hockey table, as well as the crib & whatever else I come across that I don't want to move again.

If anyone is in need of boxes, moving or otherwise, I found a few really great places to get them for free. I went to Borders yesterday, looking for boxes, & spoke with the manager. She said she used to work for Pier 1 & would hold boxes for people all the time. They're sturdy, come in various sizes, & best of all FREE! I also hit up a pet store while I was over that way & they had a bunch of boxes in every size.

We spent the entire day out yesterday, running around & going to this doctor & that doctor. Logan & Hayleah were such good sports about it. Tyler not so much, but I know he wasn't feeling too hot so I'll cut him a little slack on that one. Ultimately, the orthopedic surgeon said it won't need surgery & to come back in 2 weeks for another set of x-rays to make sure it's healing properly.

He went back to school today. I don't think I could've kept him home if I tried! He was bummed about having to stay out of school yesterday. I don't know whose kid he is when he gets like this, but it doesn't seem as though he's mine. I can't complain though. :)

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

How exciting!! Change is always scary, but so much fun!! We will definitely miss you!!

Perry Family said...

Oh good!! I'm so glad you found places for free boxes...that is so helpful and cuts some of the cost of moving. And its nice Tyler likes going to school...usually its the other way around! :) Horray for no surgery!

Danielle said...

Good Luck to you all Shannon. That's awesome. Thanks for the box tips. I know I will be needing them someday. Thank heaven for no surgery that is really great news!!

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP