Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Why do I always need a title??

I don't title my regular journal entry's, yet I feel the need to come up with something for a title on each blog entry. What's that about!?

My older brother, Travis, will be having his gastric bypass surgery on Thursday. It's something that's been needed for a long time. I just hope all goes well. All prayers & positive healing energy are very welcomed & appreciated. The surgery is being done at a hospital 2.5 hours from where they live, so my parents are renting a van for the week to get him there & back.

Speaking of my parents, I know there have been things about them that I've looked down on in the past, but as I sit here on the eve of my 34th birthday I feel like I need to express how appreciative I am of them. They are the most caring, giving people you will ever meet. Sometimes to a fault (when it comes to their kids, at least), but their generosity & charity have given me so much to build off of. It's amazing how these two people who knew absolutely nothing 15 years ago are the ones I turn to for many things. They are some of my best friends & I wouldn't have it any other way!

Tyler had a follow up appointment with the doctor about his shoulder & things are moving right along. He's dying to be out of the sling. I got a call from the school nurse last week telling me Ty was "caught" by one of his teachers not wearing it & was sent to the nurse to have this miracle healing confirmed by his mother via a phone call. I love that they seem to care about him at this school. It's such a different experience this time around!

Jordan goes back to school on Monday. He's dying to go back. The other day I gave him lines to write for hitting his brother & when he finished he begged for more. LOL Silly kid, doesn't even know a punishment when he sees one. ;) He's been asking for more lines every day since. :P

Logan has been in need of some extra attention apparently. The other night he woke me up a few times to kiss owie's that either didn't exist or had been there for a week & were invisible in the dark. It's funny how even at 3 a.m. I still find his sweet face irresistible!

Hayleah has a hair cut scheduled for tomorrow morning. I love Savannah Burt's hair so I called Jamie & asked her to give Hayleah the same cut. I'll try to actually scrapbook pics of it soon & post it. I'm excited to see how cute it looks!

Lastly, I'm dealing with some health issues (nothing too serious, just distressing) & will explain more later. For now, please keep me in your prayers.

3 comments:

Perry Family said...

You're in my prayers! Hope your spirits stay high, and that you will have a great birthday tomorrow!! Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Have I mentioned that I am so glad that you are staying? Is there anything I can do for you? Just let me know.

Danielle said...

Well HAPPY BIRTHDAY Shannon!! I will send the prayers your way. I hope that things will all work out! Take care!

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP