Monday, September 8, 2008

I really dislike HMO's

I called the pediatric orthopedic surgeon this morning to make an appointment & am told they need a referral from Ty's pediatrician before they can even make an appointment. Okay, fine, I know all about Cigna's hoops. I'll deal with this, no problem.

I call Dr. Bakerink's office (I love Dr. B, btw...he's great, his staff, other than Candace, not so much) & am told they won't refer him out until they see him. Apparently it's not good enough to be seen at the hospital, they want to dip their hand into our pocket's too. Grrrr....

We opted for the low coverage this year, taking a gamble that nothing major would happen. Nothing really ever does happen, so the odds were low. I guess you get what you pay for, eh? And boy do you pay for what you get, should you actually need anything!

Rant over....I'm letting this go now & am making the choice to have a happy day, no matter what. :)

1 comment:

Onala said...

Heh Shannon, Sounds like life is crazy around your house! Poor Tyler, tell him I hope he heals and feels better soon! I went to the OB today, he confirmed this little one is most definately a little GIRL! I am seeing the midwife today, and am pretty sure we will either do a homebirth or birth center birth again. Call me soon! Good luck with deciding on your move, sounds like you are going to do it though...

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP