Sunday, May 31, 2009

Tyler vs. a basketball

And the basketball wins.....


I got a call from the school on Friday saying he jammed his finger in P.E. They put him on the phone & after he confessed his hopes that this would effect his ability to take finals, I had them send him back to class. I was just relieved it wasn't the Dean!

When he got home we taped it & shortly after he was off for the Father-Son Camp Out. He stayed with some friends after Dave left with the littler boys & went rock climbing with a group of them.

When he got home from camping, I took another look at it & it was still very swollen but now it was all black & blue too. I decided to take him in to Urgent Care (against Ty's doc's offices wishes....they wanted me to take him to the ER & even had the nerve to tell me which ones I had to choose from! There was a $200 difference in co-pays....um, I think I'll go with my own idea thankyouverymuch!!) where they could x-ray it to make sure this assumed break wasn't near any growth plates.

The doc was so casual; the office staff referred to him by his first name, if that tells you anything. He seemed more like an animal doc than a people doc. LOL Nice guy, though. :)

After examining him & taking several x-rays, it was determined he did fracture it & that his tendon ripped away from the bone. Ty was pretty thrilled about it. He was probably still thinking of ways this could help him with that situation with his finals.

So to recap, Ty went camping & then ROCK CLIMBING with this broken finger before getting it in a splint!! Crazy kid! The only complaints from him have been about it throbbing occasionally. I broke my finger once. It really hurt! I don't know how he's managing not to complain more, but I'll take it. One less complainer is F.I.N.E. by me!! ;)





No comments:

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP