Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Madness

First off, Happy Mother's Day to all you mom's out there. That includes those of you without children! Yes, I know that probably doesn't make sense to most, but if you're one of those without....well, you get the picture.

Last night I ran around until almost 11 p.m., trying to find another dozen flowers & pots to put them in for the other nursery in our ward. I had our nursery's gifts done, but I found out yesterday the other nursery didn't have stuff for Mother's Day. After getting home & doing some last minute stuff, I finally put myself to bed, much later than I should have, only to have a busy mind & not be able to fall to sleep.
Luckily, Logan must have been aware of my need to do something to take my mind off all the things keeping me awake, so he woke up around 2 with an earache. He finally managed to doze off around 4.

Fast forward almost a whole 3 hours later & I hear kids demanding food in the kitchen. After making everyone some bagels, I was bombarded with lots of love & presents of chocolate & slippers.

It was a good thing too, because I was really needing both of those at the moment. ;)

Logan & Hayleah both stayed home from church with Dave since they weren't feeling well. It was weird to only have 2 kids at church. But in a nice way. Much less hectic!

My little flower/hand print/chocolate project for the Nursery kids' mom's worked out well. The kids seemed to really enjoy themselves making their little craft & they were really excited when I revealed the surprise (flowers) they were each going to get for their mom's.

It was a bit hectic with just me in their today, but the time flew & the kids & I really had a good time together.
After I got home from church & helped Logan find his happy place, things were much better. He & I were singing (one of his most favorite things to do) & he told me afterwards his ear "farted". Later I found evidence that his eardrum must have ruptured. At least he's not in pain anymore. :)
And finally, to close out my day I've just savored a piece of Lindt Creme Bruilee chocolate....yum! And I didn't even have to share it with anyone or fight anyone off or sneak-eat it because of little people & their tendencies to complain when Mom's being greedy.
:) Nice day. :)

4 comments:

Tricia said...

I loved all my gifts yesterday!!! Thank you so much for helping our kids shower us with love yesterday. Trevor was so proud to give me some flowers but he said the chocolates were for him! :)

KB said...

I, too, was a lucky recipient of the darling craft and flowers. It made my day more special and I appreciate the work you put in. Sorry, Mr. Logan was not feeling well... Norah told me she wants to invite Logan and his Grandma to her birthday party. :-) Make sure to tell Vicky!

Tara said...

Hey!! I would LOVE a casting!! Thanks so much. Im home pretty much all day during the week. My #'s 286-5125. Or we could come to you if thats easier for you.

YaYa said...

All i have to say is when it comes to creme bruilee, the girl knows what she is talking about. I would hide it to, oh that's right the kids were in bed. LOL. You crack me up.

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP