Sunday, May 31, 2009

Father-Son Camp Out

This past weekend Dave took the boys on their first ever camp out. We've never been camping as a family, but have plans to do so in the future. I'm not very outdoors-y but I have fond memories of the few camping trips I went on as a child & I want the kids to be able to have those kind of experiences as well. I don't think I ever enjoyed even one of those camping trips at the time (I never enjoy going without the basics like indoor plumbing, toilet seats that aren't made of metal, etc.), but it's nice to think back on them.

Dave had about as good of a time as can be expected. I don't think anyone got much sleep & no one thought to bring the manual pump for the air mattress, so what sleep they got must have been very uncomfortable.

Meanwhile, Hayleah & I snuggled up in a comfy bed & slept in until 8 a.m.! That was a record for her, I think.

Their campsite buddies had a member of their party who was very reluctant to be there. He cried/demanded he go home to his mommy throughout the night. No fun for anyone.

Hopefully, in time, they will all appreciate the trip after they can see it with different eyes. Right now I don't think they are at all interested in making any plans for a repeat in the near future. :P

1 comment:

Yaya said...

Shannon, always remember, things are never what we think they will be. sometimes better or worse. but like you said they will remember. but i love camping and know how to do it also a plus, so when I get there we shall all go, don't tell the kids yet. let their little minds absorbe what just happened. And for Dave, well i'll say no more. at least you girls had a blast, wish i was there to share it.

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP