Thursday, May 14, 2009

Punch balloons

I remember loving these fun, noisy balloons as a child. It's so exciting when you get them going really fast....faces in the room just light up.

Last week Jordan got $5 for his first tooth. It was definitely burning a hole in his pocket so I took him to Target. We spent way too much time in the dollar section, but he finally settled on some Marigold seeds (the kid has a green thumb....what can I say??) to sew & give to his teacher, Mrs. Johnson, when he returns from track break, & 2 packages of punch balloons.

Each package contained 2 balloons & he was excited to have enough money to buy each of his brothers & sister something with his tooth money. He's thoughtful like that. :)

We finally broke them out of their packages today & Jo excitedly blew them up while waiting for L & H to wake up. The were thrilled to wake to something so fun. It was nice for me, at first, because this gave me a chance to finish my scripture study without much interruption (a rarity!).

Someone had to show the littler kids how to use them, as they had never done this before. Their faces were....well, excited isn't the right word....glowing with something more than excitement. It took me back to my own childhood & how fun this activity was for me.

L got the hang of it pretty quickly (what can I say....he's a natural athlete....we all know balloon punching should be a sport) but H couldn't quite get it. Her efforts were most amusing, to say the least. I wish I would have thought to get it on video. She was swinging it madly, trying to get it going, but finally settled for her own version of it. It was all very funny & cute. :)

So, kudos to my little generous man Jo, for his brilliance in picking out dollar items. I couldn't have done any better myself!

1 comment:

Marilene said...

how sweet! sounds like everyone had fun.

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP