Thursday, June 4, 2009

Spoiled

Our dishwasher is in need of repair. I called the guy that's supposed to do it & he can't come out until Tuesday.

TUESDAY.

It's Friday.

I have 2 (growing) sinks full of dishes that weren't cleaning themselves & now I have to wait until TUESDAY to do them!? This gi-normous amount of dishes accumulates in ONE day, easy. I don't even have enough dishes to make it to Tuesday.

Are you kidding me!?

I'll admit I thought of people who might let me bring over my dishes so I could borrow their dishwasher. Not for long though....I remembered that there's a dishwasher in the casita out back. YES!!

Then I thought about how much extra work it would be, making trips back & forth with arms full of dirty dishes (then later clean ones). That was a no-go. My brain is uber-slow today so, yes, I actually had to work this out in my head.

Fortunately, I remembered that I haven't always had a dishwasher. I can vaguely remember what it was like to not be spoiled by having one. I try to push those kinds of memories out of my head, if at all possible.

When Ty got home from school I was conveniently washing them all by hand & so Ty helped out (with not much fuss, might I add) & dried & put them away while I washed. It took F*O*R*E*V*E*R!!

But they're done. :)

2 comments:

Yaya said...

Shannon, are you kidding me, washing dishes always seemed to relax me, i could just pretend i was somewhere else while doing them. and I have never had a dishwasher, just good old elbow grease.you young kids are spoiled. now don't get mad, i'm just looking for a way to make it seem better then it is for you. I found out first hand how long it takes cleaning up after that big family of yours. you could make a game out of it I guess. anyway Thank goodness for Tuesdays.

Marilene said...

so sorry! i too remember those times with no dishwasher and am glad to have one!! i don't mind doing the small amount by hand but whole sink fulls always seem to take forever!

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP