Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Time to pay the piper

After going to see Madagascar 2 over at Rave (they have free movies on Tues. & Wed. mornings), we headed home. I stopped to grab the mail & on the very top of the pile of junk & bills was Tyler's report card.

First thought: Uh oh...

Ty grabbed it before I could open it but his face didn't turn down the way I expected it to. I know. I should be more positive. Ty has struggled with his grades (smart kid but doesn't turn in his work for some reason) since returning to public school last year.

I thought he would need to take summer school to pass on to 9th grade but his counselor said he had all the credits he needed to graduate before he'd even finished 7th grade. Nice to know 8th grade was pointless.

Anyhow, the good news is he passed every single class! Granted I would LOVE to see much better grades, but I found myself pleased in the fact that there was not even one 'F' on his report card.

So I guess this means he's headed out to Kansas after Scout Camp next month. He's thrilled, to say the least. I'm a little jealous. I'd love to go too, but then I remember the fact that I don't love to be dripping wet unless it involves a shower or a pool.

Maybe I'll get to go in the fall....

2 comments:

KB said...

There is just something about boys and not turning in school work. They are smart, but just do not want to do the work. I am just bracing myself...

Pike's Place said...

Hey, I saw Madagascar 2 at Rave as well -- we went on Wednesday. I love free!

I'm so out of the school loop with my toddlers, but I'm gearing up for some craziness.

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP