Friday, June 26, 2009

Scout Camp Fundraising

This year they're going on the trip of all trips! It will involve white water rafting, from what I'm told. I can't remember the exact details, just that it sounded like a trip even I would want to go on! Then they told me the cost.

Why must everything good & fun be so expensive!?

Luckily, the leaders came up with a plan to get the boys to raise some of the money on their own. Though, being the teenage boys that they are, Ty doesn't seem to be entirely motivated. I've had to push a bit to get him going & even found him his first "job" to earn some cash to help pay for the trip.

I dropped Dave at his bosses house earlier this week so they could head off for a round of golf. His yard had some mamma-jamma-sized weeds & their kids & even some cousins hanging out all over the yard. His tree was looking overgrown too, so I asked him if he'd be interested in Ty coming over to clean things up for him. He told me to send him over but we never discussed the price.

We went over there yesterday morning & I helped Ty get things done. It took 3 hours, several (freaking) splinters, a kind neighbor who took pity on us & loaned us her leaf blower, telling us it was too hot to be doing this (no kidding), some seriously sore muscles & a huge crick in my neck to get it done. But it's done.

He got home from golfing & though Ty did such a good job that he gave him a $20 bonus! Between the yard work & some babysitting Ty's done for us, he's earned over $100 to go towards camp!!

Momma's happy. :)

Now I just need Dave to become a chiropractor & the life will be perfect.

No comments:

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP