Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A little miracle

I guess the tinker fairies have been visiting our house.

My camera, a somewhat inexpensive (to me) but well loved Canon Power Shot, was not allowing me to see the pictures I was taking without using the view finder. *GASP*!! Yes, I know....using my eye to peer through that tiny hole & figure out what I'm trying to take a picture of is just, well, like trying to make a fire without one of those long lighter thingies. It's just so much more work!

I really liked this camera but with the recent temper tantrum it was throwing, I was beginning to wonder if I would need a new one. Because who fixes things, now-a-days!? We're a bunch of replacers. If it doesn't work, throw it out & get a new one. Right?

I dropped it at the ball park, right in to that red dirt that never comes out of clothing. After that it was all down hill...or so I thought. The lens cover would get stuck trying to open & close with the little specks of dirt in its way. It was just a mess.

Some time after that episode, my little fairy friends paid us a visit & now the 2.5 inch screen is now working!!! Thank goodness I didn't give in to the ever nagging temptation which is consumerism. I have my camera back & it's working better than ever. :)

2 comments:

KB said...

I had something that was broken and in pure frustration I gave it a good whack and wouldn't you know- it worked fine after that. Go figure? :-)

Yaya said...

I swear, you do have the best luck, when it comes to things working. seem's just when you give up WA LA there you go, it works. come rub my shoulder.

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP