Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Thanksgiving, through the eyes of a dieter


I CANNOT WAIT for the big day!! I'm SO going to make all the things we love this year. The husband prefers we order a big meal from Albertsons, like we've done in years past, but not this year!

I'm on day 7 of this diet & I'm still struggling a bit. I hear it gets better & I believe it will, but it's hard for me to get into the spirit of my favorite season when it doesn't include things like pumpkin bread, & pumpkin pie, & popcorn balls, & other yummy things like these.

Okay, enough food talk. I'm driving myself crazy thinking about it & it's that much worse talking about it.

I'm down 7 pounds as of this morning. YAY!! It makes all the moments of struggle worth it. Dave is on day 11 & is struggling quite a bit. He fell off the wagon & ate large amounts of delicious crap Monday night while at a work party. I feel badly for him but at the same time I'm really grateful he did that. Now I see what it would do to me if I gave in & devoured that bag of Chex Mix or an icecream sandwich or three. It helps keep me in check. Plus, if I do fall off the wagon like he did, at least he did it first. :) Cause if it had been me, I would've NEVER heard the end of it. LOL

I'm finding, by the end of the day, I'm struggling just to eat as much as I'm supposed to. I'm either not interested in food or not hungry. I think it might be slowing down the process, but I'll take every pound loss I can get!

3 comments:

KB said...

Way to go! It is sucha great pay off and just think... it is ONE month. Anyone can do anything for one month. Call if you need a boost or to talk you down from the ledge. I am right there with you!

Rachel said...

Congrats on the weight loss! What diet are you doing? I soooo need to do something. Maybe you can motivate me. keep it up!

Danielle said...

Yay! Good for you!! Stay strong.

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP