Saturday, September 5, 2009

Fall Sports

It's here!

I'm brave (crazy) enough to have 3 kids in sports this Fall. Ty made the soccer team at Desert Oasis, which he's totally stoked about. They had their first assembly yesterday & the team got to wear the jersey's to school along with some khaki pants. Who knew slim-fit Dockers cost so much!? And what's with the skinny jeans/pants craze going on right now? I don't get it. Anyway, he's been practicing like mad every day after school since the first day of school. His first game is next Thursday & I know he's excited to get out there & play!

Jordan & Logan have both been signed up for Fall baseball/t-ball. We did it in the Spring & Jordan loved it. Logan had issues with the coach, the teammates, the ground (anything & everything) if his mood wasn't just right. It wasn't easy, but he says he wants to do it again. I'm sure this time around will be easier for him. He was so shy in the beginning & by the last game I didn't have to stand out on the field or in the dug out to coax him to do what he was supposed to do.

Both the boys have a mean swing & Logan has an amazingly accurate throw. The first time Logan's coach actually got him to participate he made a comment about what a great golf swing Logan had. That's very true but not such a good thing for t-ball. LOL

Jordan will be in the 7-8 year old division this time which means he won't be in coach-pitch anymore. I hope the kid pitchers are also fast movers! There was several games when the coach had to hustle to get out of the way of a ball Jo hit. He really cracks them off hard! It was rare to have a ball not wind up in the outfield.

Baseball starts in the next couple weeks & that will mean at least 3, sometimes 4, practices & 2 games each week. If they didn't enjoy it..... I don't enjoy being so busy but I guess that's what you get when you have more than the average 2.5 kids. ;)

In the Winter I think I'll sign Hayleah up for a tumbling class, or maybe dance. She loves to shake it. :)

It's going to be a very busy Fall for us, but as long as the kids are having a good time I think I'll survive. I'm not interested in running the bases with a three, almost four, year old tucked under my arm this time around. That happened a few times too many! LOL I plan to spend more time in the bleachers this season, that's for sure!

No comments:

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP