Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Keep it in the can, man

Though my house looked like a whirlwind swept through , I still felt like we had a very productive day yesterday. Any day when the days & weeks of spiritual preparation show that it has sunk in is a productive day in my book.

Most days we have a lot going on in our house. Some days it's harder than others to remember we should try our best to keep our anger & frustration with each other in check. So last night we had an FHE lesson on anger. I got my idea from here.

While we didn't go so far as to string pots & pans & cans up on the back wall (you're welcome, neighbors), we did splurge & purchase some "Easy Cheese" & Wheat Thins. The banging of pots & pans when angry would've sent me off my rocker, so we chose to avoid that.

From that lesson spawned a new catch phrase in our home. Just like "cheese" in a can, once you let your angry words out you can't put it back in. So now we all say "Keep it in the can, man".

Too bad we couldn't come up with something that rhymed with "dude". That would've been cooler. :)

1 comment:

The Fleming Family said...

Good idea! Hopefully it sticks!
-Danielle

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP