Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Another Birthday Boy!!

Yesterday we celebrated 4 years of life with our youngest son, Logan. He was the first of our babies to be born here in Las Vegas. He was our biggest baby by nearly a full pound & he proudly carried that extra pound in his cheeks, as you can see from this picture. He was about 2 weeks old here.



Though he wasn't the prettiest baby, I was always extra proud of those rolls. I love a chubby, healthy looking baby. Yummy, as my midwife would always say. :)

Dave got to name him & chose Logan Shaun. It was better than LaShaun, like he swore would be his name from the moment I agreed he could name him. After he was born, we agreed we should have waited to name him until we got to know him. One of the names Dave was thinking about was Michael. I balked at this because then he'd get his way & have a Michael & a Jordan, something I wasn't going to have. As it turns out, he is very much a mischievous Mikey & we should have given him the name Michael after all.

When he was born, something rare took place that we still remember to this day. My most wonderful midwife & friend, Kaye Bullock, was there to help me through my labor & to catch him as he came in to the world. It was just Kaye, her apprentice Sandy, & Dave there that night with me. My dear friend Onala came by that afternoon & took Tyler & Jordan off our hands.

Logan was born in the caul, or behind a veil. Because of the drastic number of babies who are born by induction, it has become an even rarer event. My water never broke until after he was born, making him a true Caulbearer. I had heard the term before but never knew what it meant or the stories behind it. There are many legends out there & some of them too far fetched even for me, but the consensus is that those born in the caul are very spiritual people & they are very intuitive by nature.

Since Logan is only 4 years old, it's hard to tell if any of those things are true, but the history of it all & the well-known Caulbearers of the world are neat to learn about.

Logan is an amazing little athlete. He has a mean golf swing & loves to pretend he's Tiger Woods. His favorite shirt is a red Polo because of his love for Tiger. He is very protective of his little sister. They are only 14 months apart & are very close. If any other little boys come too close to her or try to play with her, he will quickly block their way (often not being very nice about it) & tell them to leave his sister alone (in his most intimidating face & growly voice).

Logan is totally a Daddy's boy. He looks like Dave far more than any of the other kids. He loves to follow Dave around & nearly every morning will argue with Dave about whether or not he has to go to work. He is very strong-headed & he doesn't have a filter for the things that come out of his mouth yet. There's never any question as to where he stands; he's always quick to let others know what he thinks.

The smile in this picture is typical of him. He hasn't figured out a real-looking fake smile yet & pretty much all his pictures come out looking this way. LOL



One of his gifts was a Woody doll. He LOVES Toy Story (more particularly Buzz) & now has a new buddy he won't let out of his sight.



We love this little guy & are SO glad he came to be part of our family!!

4 comments:

KB said...

Awwww... happy birthday, Logan! I just love those eyes and that determined spirit!

Staci said...

Happy Birthday Logan! What a neat story about his birth. I have never heard of that before. I guess you learn something new everyday!

Danielle said...

What a sweetheart! And he is adorable!! I can't believe you gave birth all nature. Bless people like you, I am a wimp. I tried once and never again. Happy Birthday to your little guy!!

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday! He's a cutie!

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP