Friday, August 14, 2009

Goodbye First Grade....

...Hello Second Grade!!
Jordan's last day of first grade was this past Friday. It was a bitter-sweet day for him. Mrs. Jonhson took the time to make a slide show of pictures that were taken over the year & gave a copy of it to each of the kids.

She gave it to them a few days prior to the last day of school & Jordan watched it over & over. At one point he asked me to close the door on my way out after I set it up for him to watch once again. I found him watching it a few minutes later with red eyes. What a sentimental little sweetheart. :*)

Here's the video....
We applied for a zone varience back in April but recently found out it was denied. So it looks likeJordan will be going to Frias for second grade. He's anxious about changing schools but luckily most of his church friends also go to his new school.

Jordan loved his classmates, for the most part. He made many friends this year & I know he will miss them when he goes to his new school. He spent most of his free time Friday morning going around collecting all his friends' phone numbers. With his birthday coming up, he wanted to be able to send them all an invitation.

Jordan also had his first taste of girlfriend-love this year. Her name is Janet. When I first met Janet, after hearing how enamored Jordan was with her, I must admit I was a bit surprised. I didn't expect her to be so tall & I really didn't expect her to be black. After getting to know her, I see why the color of her skin never even factored in to how he feels about her. First of all, this has been a great lesson for me on how kids really are color blind until prejudices are introduced to them. Secondly, she is so loving & caring. She's always tying Jo's shoes for him, she plays with his hair for no reason, & she's kind to everyone. All of which are perfect reasons to love all that is Janet. :)
Here they are....

1 comment:

Yaya said...

How totaly sweet is this, what a great teacher Mrs Johnson is. I know Jordan will always remember her and Janet. He coulsn't of had a better teacher. Now, we move on to second grade. How exciting for him, I know he will do well. Shannon, you have done a great job also.

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP