Monday, April 14, 2008

So I accepted the challenge...

finally, that is. I fight my tendencies to be late every day of my life. Today is no exception.

While Pres. Hinckley was still alive, he issued a challenge to the members of the Church to read the Book of Mormon in 97 days. I don't know if I'll make it by the date everyone else who started on time will finish or not, but I'm going to try. I'll have to read approximately 20 pages a day to do so. Honestly, I'm not really bucking for it. I kind of feel like if I actually read 20 pages a day I won't get the most out of it, so I read 8 pages today & I'll probably do about the same tomorrow, along with my current studies of personal revelation. I'm also working hard on family history stuff, so between those things & my family, I don't want to spread myself too thin. As it is I'm trying not to take any medication (allergy or back pain meds) that might make me sleepy or make my thinking less than clear right now, because I need more "alert" time than ever before to accomplish the things I want to accomplish each day.

Now if only house cleaning was a bit further up on my list of things I want to accomplish. Don't get me wrong, I love having a clean house. I just find I'd rather spend my time reading than doing dishes or laundry. Is that selfish of me?

2 comments:

Perry Family said...

I'm right there with you!! So many things to do, so little time, ha ha! But reading the scrips is such a great thing that I would hardly call that selfish!

Unknown said...

Great post!

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP