Monday, March 10, 2008

Day 5 with nothing delish

I want to drop a lot of weight that's been hanging around for a lot of years now. My first goal is 20 lbs. My first reward will be a new pair of walking shoes. My second goal is another 20 lbs. The reward, once that goal is reached, is an MP3 player that's all mine. :)

Of course with all this weight loss, a girl's gotta have new clothes. :)

I actually feel really good about this intentional deprivation. I feel good when I make it through a craving & don't give in. A little factoid about cravings: they only last 15 min. If you can make it through those 15 min. without caving, you're in the clear (for now) & YAY!!! for you. :D

I can't wait to not look like my older brother anymore. Not that he's bad to look at, or anything. It's just that with my short hair & multiple chins & our mother's good looks, sometimes I don't recognize myself in pictures. LOL I remember, just after I had Ty 13.5 years ago, catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror....it was just out of the corner of my eye....& doing a quick double-take because I thought I just saw my brother standing in the hallway just outside the door. I had short hair then, too. It kind of startled me because he left for his mission the week before so I was shocked to see him standing behind me! I think I was equally shocked to realize that it was me & not him.

It's been a roller coaster with my weight since then. I know I'll never be a svelte 125 again. I'm okay with that. I'm not doing this for the way I look. I want to be around to meet my great-grandchildren. There's no way, at my size, I'll be able to do that. I'll die early & that thought just doesn't sit well with me.

So, here's the game plan: I've cut out all processed foods. I'm consuming alot more fruits & veggies & limiting my meat intake. Everything fried or sweet (other than fruit) is a no-no. And there will be no eating after 5:00 p.m. Also, once I get the dang machine out of the garage & into the house, I'm going to get at least 30 min. a day on the exercise machine (can't think of its name) or on walks with my kiddos & puppy.

Seems like a good plan. I look forward to seeing the results. Being such a fat kid, I'm hoping the weight comes off faster than it would if I wasn't such a fat kid. I meant to say fluffy...really. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP