Friday, April 24, 2009

Talks on Sunday

We've been asked to give them, that is. Tyler will be giving his first talk ever. I'm sure he'd nervous about it if he were thinking about it. But I'm pretty certain he's not thinking about it at all. He was pretty mad at me yesterday when, after finishing his homework, I told him he couldn't go to his friends house. He hadn't even chosen a topic, let alone started his talk.

I know **big meanie**.

We sat down at the 'puter last night to narrow the topic down from "I have no idea" to "well that might work". He finally settled on one, we printed out some articles from the Ensign about it, he highlighted it, proceeded to...ahem..."write" his talk (read: copy word for word the things he liked the most), & brought it to me for approval.

Who was he kidding!? Did he really think I'd believe he could spell supernal?? Heck, I'm not even sure I spelled it right. And I won the Spelling Bee back in 6th grade!!

Okay, so really I placed 3rd, but still....

So after some doors (not) shut softly & a bit of grumbling about my mean nature, he fell asleep before it was even bedtime. Now I know what the real trick is to getting him to bed! I might have to pay the Bishopric off to get them to give more talks from now on, but it'll be worth it, fo sho.

This morning, bright & early at 6 a.m., I was as happy as can be. I was at his doorstep, ready to work on that talk. :)

He left for Youth Conference (his first! he was really excited, as you can imagine) right after school today & they won't be back until really late tomorrow night. Thank goodness for 11 a.m. church!

Mine isn't much further than the family intro. I should be working on that right now. But I'm not. Well, I guess I didn't really need to point that one out, did I?

2 comments:

KB said...

We are bummed that we will miss your talks! Good luck! We will do that playdate soon!!! :-)

Danielle said...

Good Luck Shannon! Talking in church would really put me in a panic. So I so understand your son's response. Public speaking is not my strong point.

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP