Sunday, April 19, 2009

The cutest little Joey & Crayon Rolls

Yesterday Vickie, the kids & I were finishing up some shopping at Walmart for a sewing project we were doing at the chapel with some other sisters from my new ward. When making our way back to the craft aisle, something caught my eye. There was a lady in one of those motorized shopping carts that had something in her lap. Strangely, it resembled a baby kangaroo (a joey, as I was corrected more than once ;) ). I'm friendly, but I don't usually stop strangers to ask things like "oh my goodness (!!), what's that there thing in your lap!?" (Of course when surprised I tend to make less sense than usual)

Lo & behold it IS a kangaroo in her lap. I call my 3 year old, Logan, over to me to point & gawk & stop the lady so we can ask a million questions. I figure if she didn't want to be stopped by 100 different people & extend her would-be 30 minute shopping trip to something more like 3 hours, she wouldn't bring an animal with her most of us Americans have never seen in person.

Of course I knew not one of my beloved followers (hi, Mom :) ) would ever believe we saw a real live baby kangaroo...erm, joey...unless I could prove it somehow. So here it is: Logan with the joey & the crazy kangaroo lady.

You'll notice he's representing his new favorite college team. Actually, if you look close enough you can see a red & black thing by his side. It's a glove. It's my winter glove. He thinks he's "Tiger Wood" (his words, not mine) & that's his golf glove. He wouldn't take the hat or the glove off all day. Cute kid, but a little obsessive about golf. :)

So I made my first crayon roll the other day. Vickie & I went to the chapel & spent 2 whole hours sans kids! Sewing is okay; chatting with a bunch of fun ladies is where it's at. I don't get to do that often so it was really nice. I'll post a picture of the crayon roll I made once I take a minute to find my camera, be frustrated at it because it's still not working right, & snap a dozen pictures of it to get the one or two that will do.

Until then....crayon roll heaven: http://www.skiptomylou.org/2007/04/25/on-a-roll/

2 comments:

KB said...

Who gets away with bringing small animals into a store, let alone a KANGAROO? That is too funny!!! Glad you and Vickie came to our sewing night- it was ball chatting with the both of you- I see many more fun chats to come!

Anonymous said...

That is crazy! I have never heard of someone having a pet kangaroo.

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP