Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The joys of painting

I decided we would paint the kids' rooms at the new house. Right now it's all white, flat paint, which doesn't mesh well with little kids. There's just no way to clean all the little finger prints with flat paint, so they each got to pick out a color for their rooms.

I've been painting since Friday & just today, after about 3.5 hours of painting, I was able to finish the first room we started. I'm so not loving this! I can't believe how much time this is taking!! It's hard on my sensitive back, which makes it even more of a challenge than I'd like to admit.

Since this is my first real painting experience since I was 16, I'm hoping, now that I've learned a few things about what not to do, I can whip through the other two bedrooms in much less time.

Pictures to come. :)

2 comments:

Marilene said...

we know the feeling! painting is taking forever for us!! but at least we have a house and we are so very thankful for that! good luck. are you taping all your edges? we found a little tool that kind of helps with edges, but it still is work.

Janeen said...

Painting does take forever, especially when the walls have so much texturing on them. I'm excited for you moving into your new house, it looks so cute. We're going to miss not having you in the ward :(

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP