Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The perfect house

Well, almost perfect.

We've been house hunting for a while now, knowing a move was around the corner. I really wanted something that was single story, but those are hard to come by. In our area, unless you're willing to settle for something small or with little to no back yard, you're stuck with the custom homes that cost a fortune. After a long search & after seeing many homes that aren't quite right, we found one that we love.

The only bad thing about it is the fact that it's about a mile south of the ward boundaries. We've been in the ward for 5 years now, which is the longest our growing family has been in any ward. I'm very sad to have to move on. Our ward is like no other I've ever been in. The sense of a ward family is so strong here. I can only pray we'll someday either be back in it or find another of its kind.

We're supposed to get the keys on the 6th of next month. I'll post pictures as soon as I can. We won't be moving in right away. I want to take a week to paint the kids' rooms before we move in.

I'm excited to get a crack at decorating this gorgeous home! I'm not good at decorating (unlike every other female I've ever met!) but I have a few ideas & I'm looking forward to giving them a try. I'll be grateful for volunteers in this department. My dearest friend, Onala, has an incredible knack for decorating, but she's busy awaiting a new arrival 10+ whole hours drive away from me. :(

For our family & friends who come to visit, until Vickie comes to claim it, we have a casita in the back for everyone to stay in. It's cute & I'm glad we're able to have something like that to offer. I think it can be hard staying with our family since the little kids haven't figured out that whole privacy thing yet. LOL This solves that problem, entirely! :)

6 comments:

Perry Family said...

congrats!! i felt the same way about leaving the ward! it was so great to have friends you could call family. exciting for your family to find the perfect house! congrats again, that is wonderful news!

Marilene said...

so sad to hear that you won't be in our ward, but excited to see pics! and if you get any great decorating ideas, pass them along... especially cheap ones! i have NO clear ideas for decorating. i'm very afraid of making a disaster.

Anonymous said...

You and your family will be greatly missed.

Onala said...

I can't wait to see your new home and glad you finally found one. It sounds really nice, and how I wish I was there to help you decorate. We will be there in March, but send pictures and maybe I can give you some ideas. Hope all is well with you and your cute family!

Danielle said...

Congrats Shannon! This will be wonderful for your family. Best of Luck!!

Chrissy said...

congrats!! That is so exciting!! And of course we will miss you guys!!

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP