Saturday, January 17, 2009

Fifteen minutes

Why is it that, in the course of a normal day, fifteen minutes can fly by before you know it? Yet when fifteen minutes is spent holding a (wheezy, chunky coughing, struggling to breathe) toddler still enough to administer a breathing treatment in the middle of the night, fifteen minutes feels like an eternity!?!

And I would love to know why it is a 6 year old can do the same breathing treatment in half the time!? What's up with that??

This is the third illness the little kids have had in less than 2 months. I'm ready for a break or Spring or something!

I'm pretty sure it's Jordan picking things up from other kids at school. He always seems to be the first to get it. I had to take him to the doctors Friday so she could listen to his lungs because he was wheezing a bit. It was a good thing I didn't wait because I'm pretty sure if I had we would've spent most of today in the ER. His blood oxygen levels were pretty low, to the point where he was close to being sent to the ER in an ambulance from the doctors office. They did a breathing treatment in the office & he perked up pretty quickly, thankfully.

Dave was agreeable & will be the one staying home with the kids so I can go to church tomorrow. He doesn't have a calling right now so it worked out okay. It'll be weird sitting in Sacrament meeting & actually getting to listen to the speakers. It seems like most of my time is spent catching bits & pieces of the talks here & there, in between trying to keep the kids' volume levels down. I think it might be a fun change! :)

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Soory you have had sick kids! That ALWAYS stinks!!:) Hope they het better soon!

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP