Monday, January 26, 2009

Babies, babies, babies!

Oh, how I love them. Whenever I see them it takes my full restraint not to go over & make nice with the new mom, just so I might get a chance to hold them. Don't get me wrong, I love talking with other mom's, but there's something about the pull of a brand new sweet little one that is hard to resist for me.

I remember when I had Tyler I swore I'd never have any more kids. It was no reflection on him. I think it had a lot to do with the fact that I was 19 & still very selfish. I was also single & I knew I didn't want any more kids to grow up without a father. And I had a traumatic birth experience with him, which I never wanted to repeat. The pregnancy wasn't all that wonderful, either.

It's nice to be able to look back on that time with some perspective. Though it was a stressful time in my life, I'm so glad for those experiences. I know I wouldn't be where I am today, had I not had them.

Anyhow...back to the sweeter side of it all. I wonder if the pull I feel has anything to do with the fact that I know where those sweet little people *just* left. The spirit world is still fresh for them & they hold so many secrets that I can't remember anymore, but long to.

Needless to say, I'm SO baby hungry right now. I'm pretty sure we're done having kids though. I've wondered for a while now if, when you know you're done, you still experience that deep desire to have more kids. I suppose only time will tell. It would be nice to experience the beauty of it all another time or two. Again, I guess only time will tell if that's to be or not.

3 comments:

Perry Family said...

I love having a newborn (minus the no sleep thing). But honestly, I know what you mean. It's such a special feeling, heaven so close as you are holding a new born.

Danielle said...

Shannon I completely understand how you feel. I do have those moments when I long to have another. And I know for sure we are done. I would love to have another but I see what my limits are and it just isn't in the cards for me. I tried my hardest to absorb every minute with my baby while she was little but that longing for another has not gone away. Each kids has been a different experience and i miss that I will never hold another of my newborns again. It truly is the best moment in the world.

Onala said...

I think it's about time you made Hayleah a big sister. It always seemed like around my "baby's" 2nd birthday when I got baby hungry again. I know what might help temporarily, you just need to come up to Idaho and get some baby loves from my little one in a few weeks.

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP