Friday, December 12, 2008

The Terrific Two's!

Hayleah turned two last Saturday. We had a impromptu party for her while my Mom, Dad, brother & his family were here over Thanksgiving & just a few gifts & a bounce house on her actual birthday.
She loves playing cars with her brothers but man, she can be such a girly-girl! I got her a little skirt that resembles a tutu & some pink tights (she absolutely adores anything pink....if it's pink, it's hers....or so she thinks LOL) & put it on her for the family birthday party. She absolutely loved it! I found a little tiara with matching earrings at a store for cheap & left it on the table that day. Shortly after dressing her for her party, she discovered the tiara in a box & proceeded to tear it out & put it on her head. As far as I know she's never even seen a tiara, but she sure seemed to know exactly what to do with it! :)She's been singing "Happy Birthday" for a solid 6 months now, word for word, completely understandable. But when it came time for us to sing to her she didn't know what to do. She loves being the center of attention, but for some reason she wasn't enjoying the spotlight that night. She had Logan open all her presents, acting like she was too shy to even do that much! It was strange, for this very verbose & friendly little girl to suddenly turn in to a timid little thing, to watch.
Logan picked out a pair of very diva-esque sunglasses for her at the store & was really excited to give them to her. Once she saw them & put them on, she wasn't interested in anything else but hiding behind her new shades. Needless to say, I think that was her favorite gift.
My parents got her a little tea set & she took all of it straight over to my Dad, of all people, to have a little tea party with him. This is another thing she's never seen or done, but her instincts must've kicked in & she knew just what to do. My Dad, who almost never allows a picture to be taken of him, actually gladly posed with his little cup & saucer! LOL It was all very amusing. Tyler got her a little neckless with a locket with the Disney Princesses on it. She really liked it & kept screeching "my bling-bling", in her excitement, until we were able to get it out of the package. She tends to roll her L's so it sounds pretty funny when she says it.
We gave her a pair of miniature Cabbage Patch dolls, a prince & a princess. As soon as she got them out of the package, she had them kissing. LOL Funny girl. :)
Saturday we had the bounce house delivered while she was napping. When she woke up, she must've looked out the window & saw it in the back yard because all I heard were squeals & the words "my pincess", the whole way down the stairs. She loved seeing the princesses on the jumper but when it came time to go in it she wanted no part in that. She screamed her head off when Dave took her in it but eventually warmed up to the idea of getting in to it & jumped for maybe 15 minutes before she lost interest. Even still, the boys enjoyed it immensely & that made it worth the cost.
I'm so glad to have this sweet, vivacious, motherly, doting, perfect little princess in my life. I didn't always have the best relationship with my Mom but now she's one of my very best friends....I'm holding out a strong hope it will be the same with Hayleah & I. She has her Daddy wrapped around her finger, for sure. He loves his boys fiercely, but he's completely enamored & absolutely in love with this little girl. We're really grateful to have her in our little family. No matter what, she will remain my little ray of sunshine. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! Sounds like she had a great birthday.

heather {WhipperBerry} said...

I'm so glad you finally had a girl. They are so much fun!! Happy Birthday cute girl!!

Marilene said...

she so sweet! sounds like fun with family!

Chrissy said...

Happy Birthday cute girl!! Sounds like she had a great day!!

Onala said...

WOW, has it been 2 years already? I can remember the day we found out she was a little girl, and how excited your mom was. She is adorable, and it looks like she had a fun birthday.

Perry Family said...

I can't believe how big she has gotten!! What a doll she is! Hope it was a good birthday!

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP