Sunday, December 21, 2008

Getting in to the Christmas Spirit

When the kids are sick, waking up many times each at night, I find myself having to work a little harder than normal at getting in to the Christmas Spirit. Okay, so I find myself having to work harder at everything, but most especially my mood. ;)

We had snow last week....TWICE! If I didn't have pictures (which are to come), I don't know if I would believe it myself! We really got dumped on the second time around, which was a nice surprise for most of the kids.

Tyler couldn't wait to throw snowballs at anyone in his general vicinity (except me, of course....he knows what a poor sport I am when it comes to the cold stuff on my bare parts & what a mean snowball I can throw in return so he tends not to mess with me).

Jordan just wanted to be out in it. He was the sickest at the time, so I didn't cave & let him out until the day after it snowed, but he didn't seem to mind at all.

Logan loved sloshing through it & was a total natural snowball fighting. He's always had great aim & Ty was his victim for the day. LOL

Hayleah didn't want anything to do with this white stuff. In fact, she was quite scared of it! She refused to even walk on the sidewalk until it had melted. She was perfectly content to watch Logan pelt Tyler in the head & neck area with snowballs from the other side of the glass, getting a big kick out of it all.

Ginger, our pooch, refused to go to the bathroom for most of the day. She'd never seen this white stuff in her 2 years & from the way she acted, she probably would be glad if she never saw it again!

Dave loves the snow. He said when he got his mission call to Canada, he was beyond thrilled because he knew what he was in for. It was probably more the fact that he was guaranteed not to have to deal with over-sized bugs than it was the snow, if you ask me. ;)

I like the snow, too. As long as I don't have to live with it more than once every few years. I like to visit it, but I think I enjoy leaving it behind just as much. One thing I really enjoyed about it this time is the fact that it made Las Vegas feel Christmas-ie to me, which helped boost that fading Christmas Spirit I've been looking to find again.

Aside from all tissues I've gone through in the past week, the sleepless nights, & the breathing treatments, I love this time of year. We get to spend it surrounded by the ones we love, in a home that keeps us warm, with many comforts that a lot of people don't have....all of it just makes me feel grateful to be alive & able to celebrate Christ's birth.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP