Sunday, November 2, 2008

Time change = weather change + a new Bishop

I think it's finally time to suck the air out of all the space saver bags in my room that are holding the kids' summer clothes. I've been putting clothes in, as they make their way through the laundry, for about a month. They keep making their way out of the bags because it's been so nice outside.

Today we had a high in the low-to-mid 70's. Nice. I love fall. It's my absolute favorite time of year. Though we don't get all the beautifully colored trees here in Vegas, we do get great weather. This fall has been unusually nice. Usually it's pretty cold the night of Trunk or Treat but this year it was in the low 80's!

The kids get to break out their little jackets & are starting to want to keep their clothes on when they go outside (this is very rare for them....I run a nudist colony here, dontcha know ;) ), & lately they aren't putting up too much of a fight when I tell them to wear shoes outside.

So I have a few guesses who I think our next Bishop will be. If I started a pool, taking faux bets on who's the next Bish, would I need to repent for it afterwards? LOL Kidding.

I think it's either going to be Bro. Combs or Bro. Taylor. The thought came to me a few weeks ago that Bro. Combs would be the next Bishop before I knew our current Bishop would be moving on soon, so that's why I think it might be him. And Justin Taylor seems destined to be a Bishop. If not this time around, some time in the future. I don't know very many of the husbands in the ward, but I've had some experience with Justin through Tyler & he's such a great person.

Should I even be saying all of this?

Will I be eating my foot soon?

We shall see....

3 comments:

Angie said...

Dan and I have been tossing around ideas for who your next bishop will be too, and we both consider those two to be strong possibilities, but maybe we'll be surprised by someone we didn't even consider. I'm interested to find out who it will be.
Sorry to hear that Tyler hurt his arm, but I'm glad it's all right now.
Also, I don't think a mother of four young children should be expected to keep a clean house all the time. You are right that it's more important to spend time with your children than to keep the house spotless. I'm working on remembering that.
I'm sorry you weren't able to make the party, though I understand, but please feel free to visit any time!

Marilene said...

i love fun people, and you are one of the fun people i know! i don't really get into guessing who will be our bishop, but i agree with your thoughts.

Danielle said...

Yes I do have my own thoughts also, I guess we will see.

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP