Monday, November 10, 2008

Family Home Evening

It's something I struggle with, having FHE faithfully each week. I love it when it happens, though it never really just "happens", does it? I have no problems planning them. It's the follow-through that always gets me. Something seems to come up almost every week. I like to have them on Sunday nights but last night I was completely drained & felt like I'd been ran over by a truck. I think I was coming down with something, based on the all-over body aches I was having, but I popped 4 Infection Fighters (herbal miracle worker - it works every time!) & I feel better today.

I got a chance to have a lesson with Tyler after the other kids went to bed. It seems like all the FHE lessons are geared more towards the younger bunch in our family, so I don't think Ty gets much out of those lessons. This is why I like to have a separate lesson with him after the kids are all asleep & we have some time to talk.

We read Alma 40 & talked about spiritual death & what home means to us. We also got to talk about how being a forever family doesn't mean we'll always be together if we don't all make the choices to keep our baptismal & temple covenants....that just because we're sealed as a family doesn't mean we can automatically have those blessings if some of us don't live a life of righteousness in order to receive them. We talked about life choices & how the can affect us all in an eternal sense. It's really cool to talk to him about this kind of stuff because he's very well versed & knows almost all the scripture stories. He brings a fresh, new perspective to things & I really feel the Spirit when we take the time to have these lessons.

I love it when I find something we can connect on. Being 14, it seems to get harder & harder to find those subjects & moments, so when they come along I really enjoy them. And what a great thing to connect with! :)

1 comment:

Perry Family said...

how wonderful to connect...love those moments! You are such a wonderful mother. Hey, for FHE ideas, there is this great website that has so many lessons with activities. its on a link on my blog if you are interested.
How are you liking your new bishopric?

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP