Saturday, November 15, 2008

The illegal haircuts

I could spit nails right about now. Hayleah came down stairs a little while ago, her favorite "baby" in her arms, crying. She explained to me, through those big crocodile tears she manages to produce at the least things, that Logan cut off her baby's hair. Sure enough, just moments later, he comes bounding down the stairs (scissors pointed up...ugh!) with the offending scissors in hand.

I wasn't very happy about what he'd done, obviously. I asked where the scissors came from. See, we're pretty careful to keep all the scissors put up above the stove where even I can barely reach them, so I was pretty surprised to learn he'd gotten hold of a pair. He told me Jo-Jo did it.

Of course. My most mischievous child. He goes through spurts where he's really good & doesn't get in to anything so I let down my guard a little bit. Until the next time, that is. And there always seems to be a next time. You'd think that by the age of 6 he'd have grown out of it by now, but no.

Anyway, I ask Jordan where they came from & he begins to studder, struggling to come up with a story fast enough. It didn't really matter where they came from at that point because that's when I noticed a nice chunk of Hayleah's hair that was considerable shorter than the rest.

#@%&***!#^$@#!?!?

I know this is bound to happen some time in almost every one's childhood (I'm pretty sure it happened more than once in mine....sorry about that Mom.....I was always pretty scissor happy; ask all my barbies :-O ) but I was hoping we'd manage to get by without it happening to my kids.

Not only did he cut Hayleah's hair but he got a chunk of Logan's too. Logan's isn't so bad because he kind of needed a haircut anyway. I guess Hayleah's isn't too bad either. He didn't cut it down to the scalp at least.

Ugh! Maybe I'll take pictures later when the kids wake up from their naps, so we can one day laugh about this. No laughing today though....only a lot of cleaning going on around here. :-/

3 comments:

Perry Family said...

Bound to happen. I cut my hair as a little girl, and I hated the haircut my mom gave me b/c of it. Now I keep the scissors WAY UP HIGH, but one of these days, its bound to happen!! And I probably won't be laughing, but maybe I can try!!

Chrissy said...

That stinks!! I am just waiting for it to happen to me!

Onala said...

oh my, at least she didn't cut to the scalp like you said. Livy cut her hair the other day, thank goodness we could fix it, but I think every mother's nightmare is her little girl cutting her own hair! Did you take her to Holly to fix it?

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP