Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I saw the light

& it wasn't so pretty. Shortly after my last entry, I got a call from the Bishop letting me know the Scout leaders are ready to send Tyler, along with one of his friends, on a bus back home. Ugh. I guess they have decided they're going to do whatever they want & ignore what the leaders have asked them not to do.

Truth be told, I'd love to be able for him to straighten up & stay, but I'm feeling like if he does I'd be bailing him out. I know he needs more serious consequences to get through to him than most kids do. I just hate that he can't seem to keep it together long enough to accomplish something I know is important to him.

A lot of this has to do with his friend who has always been a bad influence on him. I know this boys mother thinks it's the other way around, but I've spent enough time around the two of them together to see who goads whom into doing things.

Ugh. This teen parenting stuff is no fun today. :( I have to decide if the best thing for everyone is for Tyler to come home.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Shannon I am truly scared to raise a teenager and I really don't have any advice for you except I know you are probably doing the best you can. These days life is so much harder and that means harder to raise kids. Hang in there.

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP