Saturday, March 17, 2007

A new day

I feel like I should start this blog off with some significant post. I'm at a loss for words. I can't think of anything deep or meaningful to say. Isn't it crazy how the thoughts seem to just flow when standing in the hot shower, with no one talking to you or asking questions, yet when you take the time to sit down & write them down you draw a blank. I'm assuming I'm not the only one this happens to.

Over the past few days I've been emailing back & forth with a lady that owns a birth tub rental business. She's trying to sell it & the only thing holding me back from buying it is we have a few large expenses looming overhead in the next few weeks & my dh isn't having his best month at work. Being in sales it's feast or famine &, as everyone knows, you have to be prepared for the famine. So, being in the famine right now, it's hard to draw a significant amount of money out of the savings without putting every little thing under the microscope. I hate the microscope. I really prefer it when I don't need to know how much is coming in or going out, just that there's enough. It's a nice state of denial to live in.

We had the landscaper guy come out tonight to tell us what he could do with our dirt lot of a backyard. The HOA says we have to put in a back yard within the first 6 months of owning the home. It's been 7 now & I'm not up for a fight with them over a fine I'm sure to receive if I don't comply soon. We're putting one of those nice play yards out back for the kids too. We've been talking about it for a long time now....much longer than we've owned the home. The kids are so excited about it!

My oldest friend, Jessie, had her 5th baby earlier this week. She wound up with an emergency c-section, poor thing, & the baby is still in the hospital. It looks like the baby will be released soon, which is a blessed thing for everyone. I got a chance to talk with her older kids tonight. Man, I miss them! Especially the two oldest. They (Alyx & Kyla) were born a few days before my oldest & I helped raise them. We moved 1500 miles away almost 6 years ago & don't get to see much of them anymore. They live close to my parents, though, so I do get to visit them at least once a year.

Logan (18mo.) & Jordan (4.5 yrs.) are both sick so we won't be going to church tomorrow. I'm trying to convince dh to take Tyler (12.5) & just go without us, but we'll see how that goes. Hayleah (3 mo.) is starting to get a little cough, too. Hopefully, if she does catch this bug, it'll be mild & will pass quickly. It seems like every time Lo & Jo get sick, whether it's from a cold or allergies, they get croup. :( Poor kiddos. I hope Hayleah doesn't follow suit.

No comments:

{DSB Pages}


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP